Monday, November 5, 2007

Abundance = Open to new ideas = Going with the flow = Power

I'm tired, so I'll make this short.

Today I had two amazing things happen. First, in the morning, a friend suggested a strategy for the house I'm rehabbing that I hadn't even considered. It was out of the blue and a very strong strategy which will enable me to profit more rapidly AND over time.

The cool thing is that I could sense it was important extra information and didn't dimiss it.

Second, in the evening, that same friend pressed a point about how I'm handling the delay in the rehab I'm doing. She pointed out that I've been patient enough and now I need to put my foot down. I got angry about the situation -- which was good and appropriate -- especially after the disappointment of loosing two deals in a row. :(

The cool thing about this, even though it was a difficult conversation that I had massive resistance around (hello, that alone was indicator enough) was that once I admitted I needed to take action, my disappointment cleared, and I felt my power come back. I also realized that it was the logical next step in learning this piece of my business. I've tried micro-managing. Didn't work. I tried the hands-off approach (admittedly partially out of fear) and that didn't work. And now, I get a clear picture of how to manange this:

Empower my team to do their best to make their part happen, while I hold the vision and offer course corrections and clarifications. That way I guide the ship, without actually doing the rowing!

Oh and I got $750 today!

No comments: