Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Enjoying the Contrast

One of the most common misunderstandings about life -- for me and many others -- has been thinking that things should be different than they are. Especially when I'm steeped in contrast!!

By contrast, I mean any life experience that makes me realize I want something to be different, to feel bad and then to have to readjust myself and my thoughts.

For years, I've been judging the contrast I experience, even while I'm deeply in it. Well, this just creates more contrast -- more pain. I am learning in the last year to appreciate the contrast for the creative juices it stirs. Heck! It lets me know I don't want something, which lets me know more about what I do want and then I HAVE A CHOICE.

What does this have to do with abundance?

Well, contrast is everywhere. It's part and parcel of the creative soup of life. We are regularly in and out of it. It is, in and of itself, abundant.

So when we successfully adjust and do not condemn it or us, and just focus on finding "Why this is the best thing that could have happened," as an old friend of mine likes to say, then we have more peace than pain. It's a "silver lining" thang.

For example, I've been waiting all week to hear about this money transfer from one of my business partners. This money was due in Kansas City on Monday, in order to close on my next investment property. The money was delayed till Tuesday. However, it's still not shown up at title on Wednesday. I have been unable to reach my friend for 24 hours. That's a lot of contrast. A lot of potential angst.

But through out the process, I have transmuted my anxiety, fear and confusion into laughter, letting go and appreciating how little control I have over the situation, other than in how I feel.

And what's been happening is that I've been presented with 2-3 other excellent deals! Go figure.

Today, I invite you to find the abundance in your contrast. Let me know how it goes.

No comments: