Wednesday, October 10, 2007

...And On

The next abundance occurrence today was even more surprising than the hair cut one! (check the previous post for any needed back story).

Prior to heading off the the haircut, I got an email from the mortgage broker looking for a Hard Money Lender for my next two deals. One, is due to close this coming Friday, 10/12. The other on 10/18. So we were in crunch time!

(For those that don't know, a Hard Money Lender is a private person of organization that lends private money to real estate investors to help them purchase and rehab distressed or foreclosed properties -- without using any of the investor's own money!)

His email essentially said that I need to come up with $30,000 in reserves (something that is held and not touched, but can be used as a back up to pay the loan payments when they come due) in order to do the deal. Shit!

Wait. Okay. This has to be possible. I know this deal is mine. I cannot rationally explain it, but I've closed the deal, rehabbed the property, stood in the finished building, met the new tenants and seen the cash flow in my mind. I know it's done.

So before the haircut, I started emailing a few people then had to go.

When I came back from the appointment, a colleague had written back saying "Sure. What do we need to do."

I can't believe it! My deal is saved and I'll have 30K in reserves by end of Thursday. Wooohooo!

No comments: