Monday, October 15, 2007

Don't take score too soon!

Today was HARD. It's interesting to note that given my challenged vibration today, how much harder it was to notice abundance. As of right now, it appears the deal I was hustling to fund over the weekend is now defunct. No word from the lender. No word from private people who could possible fund it. And to top it off, my phone was out of order for a few hours in the morning.

While lunching with a friend, I realized these were all signs for me to let go. And I remembered something a mentor passed onto me, that he was told by Abraham. "Disappointment is taking score too soon!"

I always get a fun image when I remember that quote. It's kind of like being at a football game at half-time and you team is behind by 7 points and saying, as you exit the stadium in a huff, "That's it! We've lost!" And then not returning to the game. Wait a minute! There's still half a game left and they're only behind by one touchdown!

Don't take score too soon. In fact, never take score. Celebrate EVERY completion.

So once I let go and was willing to move on, things began moving again. Especially my feeling of abundance!!

No comments: