Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Insight 5: Video Games are an Example of Abundance

I know, you're probably wondering what the hell I am talking about. Especially if you have any angst, issue or judgement regarding video games. But I am proud to be a video-gamer and I enjoy it immensely. It is truly leading-edge entertainment. And for me -- who plays only noble quests, swords and sorcery games -- it's all the fantasy/sci-fi reading I did as a boy, come to life in interactive form. Anyways, I digress... :)

So one day earlier this month (Feb 08) it struck me that in all the video games I have every played where the characters can collect and spend money, the money never runs out. Yes, there is absolutely NO SHORTAGE of money in a video game. Sure, I may spend all my coinage on a fancy new sword or spell, or at the latest gadget shop. But I never, ever do so with a worry toward that being my last coinage, my last vestige of profit for the rest of the game.

No, there's never a worry, because there's always more. There's more fiends to fight. More treasure to find. More rewards to have. There is always more. And more than enough.

In fact, what's fascinating about most games, is that as you gain in experience -- and as the things to buy get more expensive -- you earn more money!

Viewed at from a Law of Attraction stand-point, this makes complete sense. More experience in the game (life) creates an opprtunity for more stuff (desires) which is met by the receiving of more money and the advent of new shops and gadgets (manifestation), which allows the character to accomplish more and then have more experience (expansion). And the cycle starts again.

Fascinating!

No comments: