Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Insight 7: Two Clear Visions of Home

Right aroud that same time (Feb 5th) I had two back-to-back visions of what I want regarding my home life and where I live. They were so clear that I can still feel them today.

The first was a perfect picture of how I want my apartment to look -- correction: how it WILL look -- when it is done being furnished and decorated. This was a full-blown image of a completed living room, dining room, bedroom and office that rocked! it was amazing how real, how vivid it felt. And it felt completely done and believable.

Now, this might not seem like much to some people, but to me, it's monumental. Why? Because I have never pictured, much less imagined ahead of time, how where I'm living will turn-out like this. Plus, the imagery was very detailed, right down to the paintings, side table decorations, color scheme -- everything.

This, of course, was very inspiring.

But the next vision floored me. It was of where I will be moving to after this apartment -- where I will own and live.

This time, it was in a fancy house in the hills overlooking the ocean. Nothing outlandish, mind you. But statedly elegant, simple design and very warm and comfortable. Most off all, there is an incredibly huge terrace in back with a view of the ocean. I don't have tons of extra details about this vision. But the key to this one is that I knew it was true. I knew it was completely doable and that in some way it existed already. And I also knew where it is: Brentwood. Or there abouts. :)

This is key because I've been tied to the San Fernando Valley pretty much since August 2005, when I moved to LA. But I was drawn to move to LA because of Santa Monica and specifically, the ocean. In fact the vision I had that lead me to LA was of the ocean and palm trees along Ocean Ave in Santa Monica.

So this final vision of the home with the terrace in the hills above Brentwood is truly amazing to me. Now I'm excited to go out and scout for the place!

No comments: