Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Insight 6: Pre-Spending My Future Earnings

Okay. This may sound a little odd, but do you know about pre-spending your future earnings? It's a little Law of Attraction trick I was taught. Technically, they don't even need to be future earnings -- they can be purely imaginary because the conscious mind doesn't discriminate between the two if the vibration is the same! But for the purpose of this story, it's future earnings.

So here's what happened. Back on February 5th I was driving around thinking about my houses for sale. I've got two for sale in Kansas City, MO and they should each net me aroudn $10,000 in profit. Technically, the second one will net aroudn $20,000, but that is being split with my partner on that deal.

In my mind, I was spending the money, practicing this idea of pre-spending. Well I found that quite automatically and instinctually, my mind went to pay money toward my debt. In and of itself this is not a bad thought, unless it makes one feel bad, as it was doing to me.

That's when it hit me. Every time I forsee myself getting money, I begin to spend it on debt reduction and I end up feeling a sense of lack, which sends out a vibration of lack regarding receiving the earnings, which keeps me from receiving the earnings! Here's how the thought process goes, just to be clear about this:

1. "Oh wow! I've got $10,000 coming!" (feeling = excited and positive expectation)

2. "Hmm...let's see...I'll out 30% toward reserves, 40% toward expenses and 30% toward debt reduction." (feeling = less excited and becoming tedious)

3. "Damn there's no money left for the fun things I want to do! Now what do I do?" (feeling = lack, disappointed, shortage, insecurity)

It goes from excitement and positive expectation to lack and insecurity in about 3 seconds. Not a pretty site.

Once I realized this, I felt into it and decide to -- as Bob Proctor says in The Secret -- get on a debt reduction plan and focus on Prosperity. I have a debt reduction plan and I believe in it. So when I let go of the need to reduce it quickly, I was then able to trust that my debt will take care of itself as I steadily pay according to the plan. And that it is MOST important for me to pay for me and all the wonderful things I want to do -- including re-investing and having fun.

There's a principle I have heard and need to re-instigate in my life: Pay Yourself First.

No comments: