Saturday, July 19, 2008

What a Week!

Wow. This was one doozie of a week. I am telling you! :)

The car stuff all unfolded amazingly well. I ended up needing to put some money down, which was okay because it lowered my payments. AND they let me post-date the check. :) Then all that was left was the return of my leased Audi. However, in direct contrast to how smooth, efficient and easy the MINI purchase was, I completed manifested strife and struggle over the lease return.

See, I spent most of the week worried about it, as though I was going to get punished if it wasn't in on time, etc. I worried even though my rep at Audi Financial told me directly, that if I needed a few extra days, to let them know. I even kept calling asking if it was OK, instead of just saying to them "I need a few extra days. It'll be done this week." Which of course, it was done this week.

Here's the the big differentiator though. I was flowing a vibration of worry about it not happening. So it wasn't happening. By Thursday night I surrendered and decided to focus on it happening smoothly and efficiently; on getting the notice of the return and feeling relieved.

Quite honestly, I had myself so worked up over this that I was frowning at work, feeling more tense than necessary and being ornery. By Thursday night I just wanted to feel better! To hell with how and when it got returned!

And then everything unfolded perfectly. :)

Meanwhile, I was very productive at work -- more so than previous weeks since I was no longer looking for a car -- and very pleased with how things came to fruition at work.

I even spent some time doing my finances to determine a repayment schedule for a loan I took from a friend. That was really challenging and scary to do, but I'm glad it's done. Plus, it makes me want to make more money. Which has opened up some new ideas for me.

Like even higher level consulting jobs. But not technology design oriented (what I do now). More heart and spiritually oriented, for companies and corporations. This idea lodged in my head on Thursday and it doesn't have any form or substance or structure to it yet. But I know this. It's not about my producing anything, and thus, needing to clock hours to get paid. It's about being paid for my expertise and for having access to me. I'm researching it more, but it has me very curious, excited and open. There's truly the possibility to make way more money doing this, have much more free time and expand from there.

And today, the weekend has begun and I'm enjoying playing catch up and getting things done as I relax wistfully at home. :)

No comments: