Sunday, July 13, 2008

Car Contrast

Yesterday I set out to find a way to keep my car, Shade, a 2006 Dolphin Gray Audi A4 Convertible. I failed. Every angle we tried was a dead end. Oh and my fav? Paying $600 a month for 60 months (5 years) and having it's worth drop significantly in 2010 because of a new body type. Oy!

So I went to look at some other cars -- and here's the teaching in this -- and got both excited at the possibilities and bumped out about them too.

Now, when I'm doing something, I want to be fully aligned with it. I want my heart to be saying a BIG FAT YES and nothing in the way. No qualms, etc.

It reached a point this morning where I found myself looking at a 4 door, V6 sedan with no tiptronic but a fancy interior and okay body. Now, this might sound like a cool deal, and I'm sure it was, but I want a fun car, with a tiptronic transmission , sunroof or convertible, great handling and a sense of freedom. This wasn't it.

But here I was considering it. I stopped, walked back into the showroom and said I didn't want it a V6, 4-door sedan without a tiptronic. I want a MINI. They heard me, said okay and started walking away. It was funny!!! :)

So now, I'm on a mission to buy a used Mini Cooper Convertible, which I believe will give me everything I want!

No comments: