Monday, September 1, 2008

Alignment, Not Action, Produces Results.

On July 17th of this year I was given a profound vision of my life's work in the world. It came about as a result of some deep personal inquiry about how to advance to the next level of my consulting. I asked myself what, if anything, from my entire life, can I say I am an expert at? What do I know so firmly and powerfully that I could happily and easily teach it to anyone? What message do I want truly to carry out to the world?

As though a floodgate had opened, it occurred to me quite clearly, that I am an expert at the heart-space and emotions! Not just the emotions themselves but how they are a gateway into more power, freedom and ultimately greater creative control of our lives.

This last year and a half of hardship, contrast and expansion has taught me plenty about that. I struggled and suffered week after week through financial insecurity, driven deeper into the commitment to feel better -- no matter what -- before taking any outward actions. This flew in the face of much of what I had learned after 20 years in a 12-step program, not to mentioned the story all the successful people have been telling around me these last 18 months.

"You have to push through!"
"No pain no gain!"
"You can't think your way into a solution. You must act your way into it!"

Action, action, action. Millionaire guru after guru spoke to me about how important action was, that the millionaire mindset wasn't enough. And now, after over a year of action resulting in very little and leverage of the power of emotions resulting in so much more, I am convinced that, although action is important. It's alignment that is the most important. And our feelings are the gateway to that alignment. Only from there can we take truly right action, inspired action.

But it's not the action that produces the results. It's the alignment. And to carry this message to the world, I have created a workshop called Emotional Wizardry, through which I will teach the power of the leverage of emotions.

And I'm soooo excited! :)

No comments: