Saturday, December 8, 2007

Abundant Business Trip

Late Thursday night, I returned from a majorly abundant business trip. I must tell you -- it was one of the most incredible experiences I have ever had. In many ways, it verified what I love about the business of real estate investing. And in many other ways, it validated that I'm right on track and in-line for some serious fun and abundance.

A group of us went to learn more about this specific marketplace. And from day one we were kept extremely busy. We toured the various neighborhoods, looking at deals for about 2 straight days, enjoying nice meals and fun and giggles along the way. But it wasn't till the 3rd day that the great stuff really unfolded.

On that day, we had a meeting with a rather prominent investor there. At first I didn't know what to think of it. We talked a lot about high-level stuff: vision of the city, what the city has been doing, their need for better branding and marketing, their need for cultural centers, and our needs and desires as investors.

It was a non-stop, 3-4 hour meeting and very exciting.

The next morning, we meet up with him and his mentor -- another prominent and highly influential investor there -- and we were granted an exclusive tour around town, pointing out the dynamics of growth and the wealth of opportunities there. My head is still buzzing from the experience.

However, above and beyond the gold mine of opportunities that we encountered, what really rings my bell is how wonderful the people are. I liked them. They were cool, smart and honorable. They were eager to help and excited to have us there. We just had amazing synergy.

So today, I sit here trying to take in everything that happened and where it's leading. Quite honestly, I can't. This is because it is truly beyond my wildest dreams. Far beyond. And for that, I am SOOOO appreciative, I have no words to describe it.

My career just turned a major corner, at high-speed, with an in-flight upgrade along the way. Amazing!

No comments: