Monday, March 3, 2008

Belly, Teach My Finances :)

Last week, on Tuesday, February 26th, I had a completely opposite day from my birthday on the 25th. First of all, I awoke in financial fear. It wasn't too big, mind you, but after all the great realizations I had over the prior weekend, I was kind of in shock. I mean, come on! What gives.

Well, I actually did a pretty damn good job keeping myself on an even keel. I kept using my tools at hand to keep my vibration as high as I could. And while I did roller coaster a bit emotional, I did okay.

Till the early evening. I just couldn't maintain it any more and I spun into some serious fear. Not surprisingly enough, that manifested as starting to criticize my body! I know, it may sound strange to hear a man say he's criticizing his body, but honestly, I was mentally ripping my stomach to shreds. Not a pretty site in my mind.

Luckily, I went to dance class that night. And things began to loose up -- in my mind and my body. We actually had an instruction to dance with our belly. Oy! But it caused me to drop into it so deeply that I began to have compassion for myself and my belly and the amazing job it does in my life.

I had been so mean to it that day and I began focus on what I appreciated about my belly: it is strong, healthy, powerful, fit and does a damn good job. I started to feel great appreciation and love for this incredible part of my body.

What came next was surprising.

I then actually started feeling better about my finances! Go figure. I realized that if my belly was strong and healthy and fit, despite all my criticism, then my finances were strong and healthy and fit too -- regardless of how they looked in the moment or what was going on with the number of zeros. I started saying to myself: my finances are healthy, stable, secure, solid and fit. And you know what? I believed it. Deep down. Just like I did with my belly. The rest of the class unfolded quite magically, with some incredible dances and great energy. And I have felt incredibly safe and secure since.

Belly, teach my finances. :)

I pray to remember this lesson for eternity. Or however long it is needed! :)

No comments: